AUXILIARY TO VFW POST 8573
Established in 1914, the VFW Auxiliary is one of the nation’s oldest veterans’ service organizations and our members are the relatives of those who have served in overseas combat. The Auxiliary to VFW Post 8573 is here to serve veterans, active-duty service members and their families. We also strive to promote the memory of Veterans of the past by helping the living.
We are a non-profit organization with goals to assist Hospital and Nursing Home Veterans and their families. We are here to promote Americanism, Scholarship and Voice of Democracy programs. Being a Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary member opens the door for you to a larger family. We embrace each new member with love and caring. We hope to see you at our next monthly meeting which is held the second Monday of each month at 7:00pm.
- Annual dues vary by Auxiliary.
- Completed membership application, proof of eligibility (only if veteran is not a member of the same Post), and payment is sent to local Auxiliary.
- The local Auxiliary will investigate your eligibility and vote to accept or reject your application.
- May attend Auxiliary, County Council, District, Department (state) or National meetings, and is allowed to enter the business session of these meetings.
- May hold an office at the Auxiliary, County Council, District or Department (state) level.
- May be a Delegate to the National Convention.
- May participate in any of the National Programs and earn Auxiliary, District, Department (state) and National Awards.
- May qualify for Cancer Care Plus Insurance Program (Cancer Insurance).
- May receive a Cancer Grant, if eligible.
- May purchase self-pay insurances and burial benefits.
- May participate in member benefits received through the mail, e-mail or listed on the National website.
- May receive VFW Auxiliary Magazine and e-newsletter.
Click here for a Local Auxiliary Membership/Member Transfer Application.